ADVANTAGES OF THE ELITE DAY TRAINING HOCKEY PROGRAM
Blyth Day Training Program:
Students are on the ice five days a week, with one hour practices, Monday through Friday. Skaters benefit from access to daily ice time and develop their skills with repetition and daily coaching. Each day is tailored to a specific skill and a structured on ice program each week that our athletes develop from.
● High Performance off- ice training five days per week following their on ice session. Utilizing our expansive and well-equipped weight training facilities located in our Wave Hockey arena’s and the industry leader in complete athlete training.
● Two fully-equipped training facilities (three ice pads, two mini pads and two High Performance gym’s.
● Goalkeepers have a customized goaltending training program provided by John Jefferies Goaltending.
● Blyth Athletics emphasizes the fundamentals of skill development and execution, body conditioning and tactics for physical and mental development.
● Top-level coaching staff, including former AHL, OHL, Professional, as well Junior A Coaches.
Our Partnership with Georgetown Raiders Jr. A Hockey Club is to help our athletes get exposure to Jr hockey. Affiliated with multiple other Jr. A and Jr. B Hockey Club’s in the GTA and Golden Horseshoe.
All of our players benefit from the unique combination of top-level academics and top-level hockey. Student-athletes are able to participate in their sport with support from the Academic partner Blyth Academy and meet and exceed Ontario standards.
● Support and preparation for SATs and course selection to be prepared for all post secondary institutions
● Develop individual athletes that are constantly improving, hard–working, disciplined and schooled in the fundamental aspects of the game.
● We provide a safe environment for all athletic activities.
● We produce Athletes that are competitive and strive to win.
● Blyth Athletes demonstrate respect for opponents, officials and the rules of competition.
OUR HOCKEY PROGRAM COMBINES FOUR COMPONENTS:
Skill development includes power skating, stick handling, game situations and conditioning. We also have an excellent goaltender development program. Hockey IQ prepares players and goalies for the intelligence needed to perform at high speed, focusing on being aware on the ice, reacting to game situations, and using skills to find open ice and make plays and making the save the team needs.
We recognize the needs of athletes to perform at the level they require need discipline and structure to succeed with conditioning and the mastery of their physical preparedness will heighten success and keep them ready for the late stages of the game. Having fun, playing the game with enjoyment and excitement with a focus on character building will enhance the development of the complete athlete.
● Flexibility to train – privately, semi-privately, or in a small group
● Choose from full year or per term sessions
● Personalized one-on-one assessment and evaluation of skills
● Access to state-of-the-art training facilities (fields, rinks, Twist Sport Conditioning, athletic therapy, golf, gymnasium, spinning, skating & treadmills)
● Professional coaching staff
Join us for a Facility Tour and a 1-hour skate with our Blyth Instructors:
Spencer Ridgewell – Shooting & Puck Skills
August 18th 2:30pm Wave Twin Rinks
August 19th 8:00am Wave Twin Rinks
Price: $25.00 per Session
August 18th 3:30pm Wave Sports Centre ( 5065 Benson Dr, Burlington)
August 19th 9:00am Wave Sports Centre ( 5065 Benson Dr, Burlington)
Price: $25.00 per Session